Code of Conduct
Coaches, Team Officials and Athletes Code of Conduct
• Respect the rules and play in the spirit of the game.
• Display high standards of behavior that promote a positive image for surfing.
• Respect my opponents.
• Respect other athletes and officials’ cultures and beliefs.
• Respect the officials and their decisions.
• Be gracious in victory and defeat.
• Give my teammates positive input and feedback.
• Compete fairly.
• Refrain from the use of profane, insulting, harassing or otherwise offensive language or behaviour on or off the field of play.
• Strive to maintain a sense of self-control and dignity at all times.
• Thank officials and opposing teams.
• Maintain a sense of integrity.
• Respect the facilities and equipment.
• Do my best to try to be a true team player.
• Never advocate or condone the abuse of drugs or other banned substances or methods.
• Reject corruption, drug abuse, racism & violence.
• Help others to resist corrupting pressures.
• Denounce those who attempt to discredit the sport.
• Honor those who defend the sport’s good reputation.
• Abstain from the use of tobacco products and alcoholic beverages when representing my country or at an ISA event.
• Never provide under age participants with alcohol.
• Participate in all team testing and satisfy all team program-testing objectives.
• Communicate and co-operate with registered medical practitioners/testing centers in the diagnoses, treatment and management of medical problems and respect the concerns these medical people have when they are considering my future health and well being and when they are making decisions regarding my ability to continue to play or train.
• Not block the ISA logo during video or still camera photography activity.
• Provide interviews to official and on-site event media as requested regardless of heat result.
Comments are closed !